You may have heard of a blogger named Song of Style or Aimee Song. A few months ago Aimee started to make what she called Raw Bars and she posted her own how to video on how to make them (without measurements though!) So I decided to take matters into my own hands and give you guys a step by step with measurements, so that you too can make these very healthy and yummy bars at home!
- Quick oats (or half whole oats and half quick) – 2 cups
- Chia Seeds – 1/4 of a cup
- Walnuts – 1/3 cup chopped
- Sunflower seeds – 1/4 cup
- Coconut oil – 1/3 cup (or two large table spoons)
- Pinch of salt (pepper optional)
- Dates – Pitted (12 large or 15 small)
- Coconut flakes – Sprinkled on the top (I used bigger coconut pieces but the choice is up to you!)
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Cover the bottom of a large baking sheet with parchment paper and grease with a little bit of olive oil.
- In a large bowl mix oats, chia sees, walnuts, sunflower seeds, and coconut oil. If coconut oil is hard put in microwave for a few seconds until soft. Work in the coconut oil with your hands removing any chunks.
- Pour the oat mixture onto the baking sheet and place into the oven for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes remove the pan and mix the oats around. Place back in the oven for 10 – 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once golden brown remove the oat mixture from oven and let cool.
- Once cooled, cut dates into small pieces and squish into the oat mixture.
- In an 8×8 pan lined with parchment, put mixture into the pan and press down firmly.
- Sprinkle coconut flakes over the top and lightly press into the bars.
- Cover the pan with plastic wrap and place in the freezer for 2-3 hours or until solid.
- Cut into rectangles or triangle bars and place into a container or wrap with parchment.
And there you have it! Super easy and healthy “Raw bars”. You can choose to keep the bars on the counter or in the fridge depending on if you want them room temperature or cold!
Let me know if you try the recipe and how it worked out for you!