Amsterdam

I am again really sorry that I haven’t posted lately but I am going to update once a week from now on!
On Friday we left for The Netherlands and it took about 6 hours to drive there. We are staying with Danielle and Phillippe’s friends and they live in a town called Zeeland which is 100km away from Amsterdam.
On Saturday we left for Amsterdam and after parking we went into the city by tram. When we got off, we walked into the most beautiful city. I instantly fell in love. We hopped on a boat for a boat tour and went through the major canals of Amsterdam. While taking pictures the people we were with said Libbey we are in Leidsegracht which is where The Fault In Our Stars bench is. I immediately started freaking out and the boat when by and I didn’t even have time to take a picture. It depressed me. But I did see it.
We saw Anne Franks house and the church that she wrote about which I thought was really cool. When we got off of the boat we bought the most amazing french fries and then walked to the Red Light District. The whole time I was there I was thinking my mom is going to freak out that I’ve seen this. But it was an experience. The funniest thing was that there was a Christian hostel right in the middle of it which cracked me up. We bought a few souvenirs and then left Amsterdam for home. I liked Amsterdam more then Paris. Hard to believe from Paris fanatic. We missed a turn on the way which added another 30 minutes to get back. When we got home we talked until 12 which was fun.
Today when I woke up I ate breakfast and then went for a run in a beautiful little forest. This afternoon we are going to a farm and tomorrow we might go back to Amsterdam. Here are a few pictures from my adventures.
The first week of school was boring but what can you do.

IMG_4379.JPG

IMG_4347.JPG

IMG_4408.JPG

IMG_4368.JPG

IMG_4439.JPG

IMG_4432.JPG

IMG_4452.JPG
Love always,
Libbey

7 thoughts on “Amsterdam

1. grandpeach says:

thanks for the journey yesterday, felt like we were in the boat….looks like ur day was spectacular and i hope today and tomorrow will be just as good..love the updates and pics….we will talk when u get back home….love always gramps

2. mmadden24 says:

I’ve been waiting and waiting for a new post, thank you. Amsterdam is a wonderful city and the Dutch people are so friendly. I really hope that you do get to go back tomorrow. There is so much too see but just to sit on “the bench” and people watch for a while would be cool too. Have a wonderful weekend sweetest, love you tonsπŸ’•πŸ™βŒβ­•οΈ

3. uncle jay says:

Amsterdam is a really cool city. By the way I loved amsterdam more than paris as well…….. have fun and if u donget to go back enjoy ur trip. Have fun be safe and enjoy the fries…..super yummy. Xoxo

4. uncle jay says:

That line should say if u go back……. thanks for posting the pics it immediately brought aunt lisa and I back to the streets of Amsterdam and brought a lot of memories of r trip there….enjoy this adventure. …. xoxo

5. Aunt Lisa says:

I am so happy you got to experience Amsterdam. It has so many places to discover. The Anne Frank House is amazing, the museum’s, and the never ending history all are breathtaking. I love to see your amazing adventures bring you to new and exciting places. Love Aunt Lisa XOXO

6. Pat Reynaert says:

Amsterdam is indeed a beautiful city!! Amazing that you like it better than Paris!! Continue enjoying your experience Libbey!!
    Love Gram Pat